1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geddy Lee rocks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, this doesn't belong on Anything Goes.

He just donated more than 200 autographed baseballs to the Negro Leagues Museum. So many, the museum isn't sure how to display them all ...

http://www.kansascity.com/594/story/649383.html

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

He sang the Canadian National Anthem at the 1991 All-Star Game in Toronto. He's a huge baseball fan as is the band.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The back cover of the Signals album was full of baseball references.

Randy Johnson was a roadie for Rush on one of their winter tours when he played for the Expos.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Geddy Lee?

5. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

He's big-time into fantasy baseball ... remember he was part of ESPN's fantasy leagues promotion last year. The liner notes of Rush's Signals CD shows a zoning map of a subdivision (playing off the song title "Subdivisions") and one of the streets is "Warren Cromartie Drive."

I have tickets to see them in a few weeks ... most people don't have much gray area when it comes to Rush ... you either love them or hate them. But those guys put on a hell of a live show

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"One likes to believe in the freedom of baseball."

- Small lyrical change during the Signals tour.

Hacker: saw them a month ago. Better setlist than last year. Excellent show.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still have my T-shirt from the Presto Tour in 1990.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Geddy Lee is often seen in the seats behind the plate at Jays' games.

10. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

I've seen them once every tour starting with Presto. I heard the pulled Distant Early Warning and a couple of others out of the set this time. I was disappointed by that. I like pretty much everything on Grace Under Pressure.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

He's also one of the repeating "fans" in the stands in one of EA's last MVP Baseball editions. Unless there's another famous baseball guy who looks like someone's grandma wearing sunglasses.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

On that tour, they played about 2 1/2 hours, which included YYZ and a good portion of the 2112 Overture.

They encored twice, then the lights came on.

It went pitch black about 30 seconds later.

The next thing we heard was

"A modern-day warrior
    Mean mean stride,
    Todays tom sawyer
    Mean mean pride."

Huge explosion, crowd went fucking nuts...

Great show... Geddy Lee Rocks, but Neil Peart is the best drummer I've ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted