1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gauntlet 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 23, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We didn't want to upset you.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

RW/RR Challenges is also one of my guilty pleasures, and I always watch.

However, I can't help but speculate that all these people, particularly the "veterans", are complete losers.

Do none of them have a job?

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Being on the challenges is their job. I mean, they're winning 20,000 or so for 3 weeks of work. Then they're off filming again and doing campus speeches and such.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So would it be wrong for me to send him a note saying if his girlfriend doesn't make it to give me a call?

Too soon?

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A little. :)

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

1. Frank is a dork.

2. Melinda is smoking hot.

3. I wish they didn't censor Casey naked. (is that her name?)

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

1) Agreed

2) She's way hotter than her boyfriend. He outpunted his coverage big time

3) Yes. It's Casey. She got a breast job with money she won from Fresh Meat (I think it was fresh meat)

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think one of the funnier part of this season is how horrible Nememiah is at guessing weights and measures. He said a few eps ago that CT was about 240 pounds and Evan was about 270. No way either of those guys tops 210, not even close.

Then, when MJ Garrett showed up, Nehemiah says he's "about 6-6, 240 pounds." His height and weight at Vandy was listed at 6-3, 202. Maybe he's put on a few pounds since his playing days, but there's no way he's grown three inches.

Nehemiah would never get a job at the county fair ...

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

This made me laugh more than Frank putting on his spectacles so he would appear smart before the gauntlet.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know how many peope stuck with the show, or care, but it ended last night on a high note. Anytime medics are involved in a reality show is a good sign.
    The 10 vets had to lug around big guy Eric (because none of the guys dared go into a Gauntlet with them) for about three miles while the six rookies go out to a huge lead. The vets nearly come to blows, show an utter lack of humanity, but in the end beat make a huge comeback. Classic TV. Don't want to spoil anything if you haven't seen it, but it made a really lame season worthwhile.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Side note: My brother went to HS with Big Easy. Said he's a douche.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm stunned. Most of the guys appear to be that way. Although Brad showed some class last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted