1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gatehouse newspapers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by chester, Mar 13, 2007.

1. chester

chester Member

Anybody know anything about this company? Is it a good one, bad one or so-so? Thanks.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Turning into a cross between Odgen and JRC, but still too early to tell.

3. chester

chester Member

Could you expound a little bit? I started really early in my career with JRC, but it was for all of about five months before my paper was bought by a better company, and I've never worked for an Ogden paper. I get the sense I should be worried, but then again, who shouldn't be in this day and age.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the guy who runs gatehouse used to be one of the cheeses at cnhi.

5. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

So is that a good thing or a bad thing? After yesterday's news, I just want to know the changeover will be relatively painless (i.e. a few "retirements") or do I need to start wearing scrubs to work so that I don't get my good clothes bloody.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I personally don't have anything positive to say about CNHI, especially having worked for them for four years. Ppffft. No raises my ass.

7. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Gatehouse on Friday pulled the plug on joplindaily.com, a Web site that was to go head-to-head with the paper in SW Missouri. I worked with the ME there, and he said it was a surprise that they were closing up shop after 14 months.

Take that FWIW.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wasn't stating a positive nor a negative. just a sidebar.

Draft saved Draft deleted