1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gas or Electric?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, May 1, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Amazing.

Even more amazing considering how many months I was gone from here.

Yes, pork chops in the oven. I have a couple different recipes for oven-baked pork chops and all are wonderful.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oven-baked pork chops are the shit, especially with some cream of mushroom on them. Yum.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

OK, now that sounds more familiar.

My mom does that with chicken in this rice casserole kinda thing that's really good.

But pork chops are always done in the pan in the dargan family.

4. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

Definitely gas. But be sure it's only going to cost $500 to get the line added. We had a capped off line and initially were told it would only cost $500 to make the connection. But the codes had changed since the line was capped and we had to have a new line run, to the tune of $2200.

That said, it's been worth every penny. I LOVE my gas stove.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome back!

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm OK with electric ranges, but electric heat is goddamn expensive. I run the AC full-blast in the summer and my bill never even approaches what I pay per month in the winter, even after I set the thermostat on 60º.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This isn't even close. It's like asking if I want my next car to have power steering. Gas all the way. Unfortunately, some areas of the country don't have both.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I love gas, it's the way to cook, and my wife LOVES to cook.
    We have electric now out of necessity, and will carry the appliances to our new house when we decide to build it.
    But if price were not an issue and we got to have whatever we wanted, I would gladly return to the days of gas.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This was one of my grandpa's favorite meals. Served with real mashed potatoes.

Thanks, Slap. It's still a trial basis, but thanks.

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

With the exception of the dryer, everything in our house that can be natural gas, is.

I just like knowing if the power goes out, I can still cook, take hot showers, crap like that.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Maybe I'll have to try that. Sounds pretty good.

But it'd be rice instead of mashed potatoes.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Alot of gas appliances have an electric ignition that sparks/turns on the flame. My gas stove has it, I'm sure water heaters have it, and most gas furnaces need an electric current to get the reading from the thermostat.

Draft saved Draft deleted