1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not blood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not bloo

The blood stain, to me, looks indeed like a more brown, dried bloodstain, not vivid red. Maybe it's my monitor. I still wonder: wasn't there a bandage on the ankle?

2. Re: Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not bloo

[​IMG]

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I don't have any intimate knowledge about Schilling's procedure. However, I had surgery on my toes once, and afterwards, they were heavily bandaged to the point I had to wear open sandles for a week because I couldn't fit sneakers over it. I was told to stay off my feet for a couple days, but I tried walking around the day after the procedure. My feet bleed through the bandages and socks and onto the floor.

For those questioning how it could have bled through the bandages and into the sock, it really doesn't take much at all.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mert, I'm not taking this seriously. I get a kick out of conspiracy theories, especially ones in sports.

That said, the red stirrup sock appears to be right on top of the incision's location. The blood stain appears to be closer to the front of his ankle.

Perhaps the blood seeped over there because of his pitching motion. Mr. Wolf and Horatio will have to do some lab work to see if that's the case.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not bloo

Wasn't Thorne one of the ESPN announcers who notified OU of what its former baseball coach said during a production meeting, a comment that led to the coach's ouster?

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

And why did Schilling's car make a 125-degree turn onto Elm Street when secret service rules for motorcades prohibit turns of greater than 90 degrees?

Schilling's a complete horse's ass, but until I see proof it was paint, I'm not going to presume it was paint.

7. Back and to the left.

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

This just in ... Doug Mirabelli told Gary Thorne that he saw Kirk Gibson out dancing the night before he went deep off Dennis Eckersley. Oh, and Willis Reed was a big faker.

9. sartysnopes

sartysnopes Member

Interesting note: ESPN has not mentioned its affiliation with Thorne in its story on the Web site.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No real surprise there.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Jim Rome talked about this his entire show today.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

hey Thorne.......

STOP SNITCHIN'!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted