1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gary Carter gets ambushed at FanFest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If this has been posted here, I haven't seen it:

Here's my question: How would kids that young even know who Gary Carter is? Looks like they're just being used by the guy with the camera.

Scary how many people put everything on video and have it on youtube within hours.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

That video is on the FanFest thread.
    But the guy with the camera is a dickhead. He challenged Carter, Carter knuckled under and the guy still wouldn't stop.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Idiot collectors.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That might be the first camera that Gary Carter did not like.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They guy obviously was using the kids and the YouTube threat to get the autographs he wanted. The guy comes off as a much bigger dick than anyone else in the video.

6. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

Agreed. And having any scenario including Gary Carter where Carter is not the biggest dick involved is a monumental accomplishment.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I hate supposed adults who are autograph whores.

"OOh, I got dude's signature!! I'm cool now!!!"

No, you're not. You are a loser. If you appreciated dude's career or work, let him know, as a respectful adult. Don't act like dude's a jerk if he doesn't sign your stupid photo.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think that dude was trying to be cool. He was just trying to make money. And I wish that security guard had made him swallow that camera.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

True, it's no stretch to think the average adult autograph whore is out for money.

Security guy was remarkably nice. I love how the dude's like, "Get out of my face! Don't touch me!"

That's called "security doing their job," you dunce.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I don't think he cares about the fact that he got Gary's autograph. I'm guessing he guilts athletes into signing these autographs, which he buys off kids (or gives them $5 beforehand to go get one), then turns around and sells them for $75. Scumbag.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outstanding.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Of course that is what he was doing. He was jumping on Gary Carter about not signing before he even refused. His plan was to get the kids with the photos, then threaten to post him saying no on youtube. Then the "fans" would turn over the photos to him.

Why he continued to be a dick after he got his way -- especially since everyone was treating him much better than he deserved -- was strange.

Draft saved Draft deleted