1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garrard to be Jags starting QB; Leftwich to be released or traded

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why give up even a low-round pick on him and take on his contract when you know there's pretty much no chance he'll be on the roster, meaning you can get him on your terms if that's what you want?

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

True, but what does that say about Minnesota burning a pick on Holcomb, who was a rumored cut as soon as the Iggles drafted Kolb? I like Kelly, but not that much. Unless the Vikings thought he was going to be the best guy out there?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What was his contract status? I'm guessing he makes a lot less than Leftwich. Even if the Jags took on a lot of his salary, that's still a nice cap hit.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Have you ever seen him use the challenge system?

He ruined Vermeil's juggernaut.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ding ding ding.

For the love of fuck, Mike Martz WENT AWAY FROM MARSHALL FAULK IN SUPER BOWL XXXV. Twenty-one touches for the greatest player on the planet. Unforgivable.

Martz came up with a brilliant offense, no doubt about that. But he couldn't lead a dying dehydrated man to water.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll second the call for Leftwich to sign with the Bears; I'd feel better with him as the backup to the always erratic Rex Grossman than Brian Griese.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but on the bright side, there's a certain sense of anticipation in wondering when the backup QB is next gonna "fall down his driveway" or "trip over his dog," all while totally sober, of course.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Tripping over the dog is a bitch.

9. Simon_Cowbell

XXXVI

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

you know, I saw that and said, no, that's not right and I forgot to correct it. My bad.

11. Simon_Cowbell

I only remember because of how badly I got screwed out of 3 grand in XXXV.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm a big Marshall fan. He doesn't have any NCAA eligibility left does he? He could come back to school...

Draft saved Draft deleted