1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garnett to Melo (allegedly): "Your wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This deserves it's own thread, just for its absurdity. Garnett, continuing his act as the biggest fake tough guy in the league.

http://www.ibtimes.com/kg-melo-fight-did-kevin-garnett-tell-carmelo-anthony-his-wife-lala-vasquez-tastes-honey-nut-cheerios

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Nothing fake about his toughness. He knows when to tone it down to avoid getting suspended.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Garnett is a penile wart, but that comment is great. Melo is just too stupid to have come up with a proper retort.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know if this is an isolated incident, but it seems like there are a lot of stories about Garnett's trash talking over the last few years (all since he's been in Boston). I only dealt with him a few times pretty early in his career, but he was one of the nicest guys ever... I get the impression that's changed...

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't much like watching the basketball, but I sure do love the NBA.

There was a girl in high school, the word was she tasted like Doritos. Honey Nut Cheerios sounds better.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Right, because telling Tim Duncan "Happy Mother's Day" shortly after his mom died of cancer is a real manly act. Way to keep it within the lines, KG.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Honey-Nut Cheerios? That's a compliment!

At least she doesn't taste like a Moroccan bazaar, thank you very much, Scott Raab.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When KG signed his $126M contract, a paper in Minneapolis had a great story talking to all the pizza-delivery guys in the area, who said he never tips.

Dick.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"It was Honey Nut Cheerios, coach."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I wonder if he told Jeremy Lin his mother tastes like moo-shi pork?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He loves to punch dick.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Damn... That's awful...

Draft saved Draft deleted