1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gannett mulls bid for Tribune Co.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Claws for Concern, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061113/ap_on_bi_ge/tribune_gannett

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Well, it could be worse. Singleton could be making a bid.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

All of the sudden, other names are being mentioned as possible suitors. And MediaNews is out there somewhere (it really is, but all of the sudden, I can't find the link. Know I read it this AM though).

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0611120415nov12,1,4196301.story?coll=chi-news-hed

At least one other media company, Denver-based MediaNews, is also interested in some of Tribune's newspapers, most notably the Hartford Courant and The Stamford Advocate in Connecticut, and The Morning Call in Allentown, Pa., another source said. It's not clear, however, whether MediaNews has officially joined the bidding.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

D_B! I think Allentown reported this in September:

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Let's focus on what's really important: The Tribune execs have provided for themselves in case of a sale. [/poynter]

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Does that make me D_B or the Tribune?

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The Trib.

Draft saved Draft deleted