1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gangland shootings: How bad is it where you are?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Gang violence is turning out to be a greater means of population control than drunk driving!

2. Very good point. I think that's among the biggest problems facing inner-city neighborhoods right now. It's making it so these neighborhoods can't get cleaned up.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

This really deserves its own thread (and probably already has one, but I don't have time to look), but Ray Nagin says it's part of the "New Orleans brand":

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/08/nagin_calls_nos_dangerous_imag.html

Really, really stunning.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ray Nagin isn't even good enough to be called a douche.
    Lots of gang violence in my city, but it all happens in one fairly well contained area.
    That one zip code accounts for about 70 pecent of all the violent crime in town and about 85 percent of the murders.
    Ninerville, as some know it, has it all - murders, rapes, roving bands of warring gangs, drug dealing, pretty much everything. Cops can't seem to be able to do anything about it. Don't know why.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Because they want to protect the brand, silly.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I know it as oh-ninerville, but you are correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted