1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Games you would pay to see.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

And I'm talking about games that haven't even been played yet.

For instance;

North Carolina @ KU Basketball; Why not......KU and Kentucky play all the time......UNC and KY play all the time.....get this done, now.

Hawaii @ Texas Tech Football; Both teams with the run-n-shoot.....An aerial display for the ages.....another get this done, now.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

As long as Roy Williams is coaching at North Carolina, I seriously doubt that UNC will schedule a game with Kansas. The only chance that happens is in the NCAA tournament, which will make it much more dramatic.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

All that means is the tournament committee will try and put them in the same regional if it can help it. Obviously, if they're both No. 1 or 2 seeds, it won't but if at all possible, the committee knows that fans and CBS would hype this one to the hilt.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Indianapolis at New England for the AFC championship.

Any of the Thursday -Sunday rounds at Augusta National.

5. KP

KP Active Member

Red Sox-Yankees 162 times a year :D

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Any big college football game under the lights, especially in one of the SEC cathedrals. I've never been anywhere that has more raw emotion than a big-time SEC game under the lights. Pure sports bliss.

I've been fortunate for a young guys to see a lot of the best college environments, but here's my list of biggies I'd like to get to ...

Oregon
    Wisconsin
    Nebraska
    Texas A&M
    Montana-Montana State

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Chef, seeing as we don't have any major sports franchises, the first NHL or CFL game by a franchise in my city.

That being said, the chances of that are real bleak ::) ::) ::)

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Iowa, ISU, Minny, or Okie State wrestling against each other. It's amazing how the crowds get into it at these meets.

Michigan-OSU for the experience

Duke-Carolina, so that my uncle, the Duke grad, can curse out all Tar Heels fans

Cubs-Cards, 'cause this is the only baseball rivalry I give a damn about since I live in the Midwest. The Giants-Dodgers are second.

9. chester

chester Member

The Browns in the Super Bowl.

Oh ... you meant games that might ACTUALLY happen in my lifetime. Sorry.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Minnesota Vikings vs. Buffalo Bills -- Super Bowl

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

They'll lose.

I know what I wrote. :D

12. Not a game per se, but the final round of the Masters, sitting at Amen Corner...

I am counting this because I have never seen it in person, so it hasn't been played yet for me:)

Draft saved Draft deleted