1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones: Spoilers - just like Winter - are coming.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That shows the disconnect between book and TV. The girl playing Sansa is not 14. She is probably 17-19, but certainly not 14. (Just looked it up; she is 17 in real life). I think it wouldn't have mattered for the show if they would have changed her age to 16-17.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

According to the Wiki timeline, Sansa was born in the year 286AL and married in 299AL

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So I'm interested ... What exactly is Robb Stark's character arch? What should we infer, or what important lesson does he teach us?

I've read the books twice and I'm not sure I know ...

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Robb Stark is an honorable man. His father showed exactly how much that mattered in the grand scheme of things.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Robb Stark was a stupid teenager. The lesson is don't put stupid teenagers in charge of important shit just because of some lineage rules.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think so.

The one time Robb did not follow his father's example, when he acted dishonorably by failing to go through with the promised marriage, that was his undoing.

One major difference between the Red Wedding in the book and the show which really surprised me was having Robb's wife at the wedding. I wonder if she'll somehow survive.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You see where honor got Ned Stark. And you see where love got Robb. Principles simply won't win you the Game.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

More fuel on the Martin hates heroes and loves him some family members: honorable Robb is betrayed and killed; loathsome Cat Stark winds up being brought back to life.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Martin hates everyone, including his readers. Every beloved character except Danaerys has either died or had something horrible befall them. And he ignored Danaerys for an entire fucking book. I'm waiting on Hodor to get raped by a sword and beheaded.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ygritte, you're on the clock

11. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Well, that and the TV wife is not remotely the same character as the book wife. I'm guessing Martin had future plans for the unborn Stark child in future books, but has come to realize he is never going to finish the greater story and decided it didn't matter if the wifey died on TV.

also, remember that in the book, Stark got married after he got wounded in a battle and screwed the chick taking care of him - marrying her, not for love, but because it was the honorable thing to do and he didn't want to have a bastard child because of how much the existence of Jon Snow hurt Cat. The falling in love with an exotic woman was totally TV fiction.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I disagree. It's all about honor. Getting on her, staying on her, and if you can't come in her, come on her.

Draft saved Draft deleted