1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones: Spoilers - just like Winter - are coming.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I've said this before: Martin is a guy with serious issues. He was obviously picked on by jocks as a kid because anyone that is the typical "hero" character type takes a beating in his works, and he clearly had the hots for a sister or cousin or something.

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

He's messing with the conventions of fantasy as a genre. And he has a gift for it. He kills the heroes, makes the villains heroes by giving them points of view, and then kills them.

He's also a huge Giants fan, so I don't think the "jocks" thing holds water.

The sister fucking... I ain't touching.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jets, actually, but your point remains.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the non-book people and the disappointment that is coming for them when they find out that all this Theon/Bolton ish is just as pointless as it appears.

5. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

So I went to check, and it's apparently both. Which seems odd, to me.

Anyway, they need to both suck so he writes faster.

6. RickStain

Every time anyone on the internet, anywhere, on any site, suggest GRRM should write faster, he takes a five minute break out of spite.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

He's so going to die before he finishes.

8. RickStain

The only thing keeping him alive at the end will be his determination for every single one of his characters to die before he does.

I'm pretty sure his "outline" for how to finish the books if he doesn't finish it is just "Rocks fall, everybody dies." http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RocksFallEveryoneDies

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

What's the quotation of his? Everyone's dead in the last book, it's just a 1,000-page description of snow blowing over graves?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It really is getting annoying, too.

I just laughed because somebody posted about looking forward to the two forced weddings. Oh, they have no idea.

11. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Shit will be lost when the ninth episode airs.

I like people bitching that Dany's storyline seems slow. Or Bran's. He's gonna spend a whole book in a tree, fuckers.

You're all GRRM's bitches now, like it or not.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ninth Episode? Is that the Red Wedding?

Draft saved Draft deleted