1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones: Spoilers - just like Winter - are coming.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 10, 2013.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. I asked about Bran warging into a dragon and you nerds said that can't be done.

3. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

The thinking is that Jon is a Targaryen, which would give him the ability.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't know that part.
    I guess that makes sense.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I doubt it can for most wargs.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rick Stain would warg a dragon.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Only if he wore plot armor, though. Gotta wrap it up.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Finally finished all the books. Count me among those dismayed by the fact that no one is ever really dead (or stays dead). I wouldn't be surprised if in Book 6 we find a headless Ned Stark creeping around Casterly Rock killing Lannisters.

This new Kingsguard "Robert Strong" is the resurrected Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane, I presume?

But I do agree Jon Snow's not dead. I like the theory about Melisandre trying to resurrect him and discovering his "king's blood." One idea I also had was that they try to burn his body and he doesn't burn, and that's how they discover he's a Targeryen.

My guess is Season 4 starts with the arrival of the Viper of Dorne, Joffrey dies in about episode 4, Tyrion's trial by battle is in about episode 6, Tywin dies in episode 9 and episode 10 includes Arya's journey to Braavos, the death of Lysa Tully, Jon's election as Lord Commander and the Stoneheart reveal.

My question for the gallery is, how much of Ramsey Bolton's letter to Jon Snow is true? I assume the part about Mance Rayder is, but not the part(s) about Stannis.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure which Game of Thrones thread to put this on, so I chose one that allows spoilers.

Bran Stark will not appear at all in the upcoming season. So they finally do something with the character, then drop the storyline. The reason is in the story. There isn't much more about the character in the books that Martin has finished.

The bad news? That also means no Hodor.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/09/game-of-thrones-no-bran-or-hodor-season-five

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

OK, so to revive this ... saw a couple of weeks ago in Entertainment Weekly where Benioff & Weiss said that a major character who is still alive in the books will die in the show this season.

So who's it going to be? My guess is Jaime Lannister, who will apparently fill the Arys Oakheart role and go to Dorne to watch over Myrcella. I'm guessing just like Ser Arys, he meets his demise at the hands of Areos Hotah.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Could be. I thought the bit with Mance dying was a change from the books, but I had forgotten that Melisandre used magic to make Rattleshirt look like him in the books, so she could have done the same on the show.

Varys leaving Westeros with Tyrion, however, is a big change.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Does it mean we won't be subjected to all of Tyrion and Penny's Bogus Journey?

Draft saved Draft deleted