1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The Lannisters do have a history of keeping things in the family, so Jaime killing Cersei makes sense. Would almost give the series a nice "Marry, Fuck, Kill" bookend feel to it.

Deskgrunt50 and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

This. Also, though he seems to be a lock for Arya's list (for pushing Bran out the window in S1E1), he's not on it. Seeing his slow rehabilitation and his reaction to Cersei's madness, I think he'll play a huge part in her story line… possibly killing her.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Jamie killing Cersei is basically written in blazing neon ink across the pages.

There's a prophecy. It says that she'll be killed by her younger brother. She assumes it's the younger brother she hates. She has another younger brother, who is famous for killing a crazy tyrant who was a danger to his own people. She's become a crazy tyrant who is a danger to her own people. They're frequently together.

Of course he's going to fulfill the prophecy.

Webster, heyabbott and Killick like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The prophecy says she'll be killed by "the younger brother" if memory serves me. That's either Jaime, Tyrion or perhaps Jon Snow, and Jaime has already shown his dedication to Westeros as a whole in dealing with the Mad King. That's why I lean that way, that and he's got easier access to her.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Wait are you suggesting R + L does not equal J or that Cerseis true parentage is not pure Lannister somehow?

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have watched Sam gag over and over and I can't say I blame him. Food looks the same coming out as it does going in. Apparently, the Citadel doesn't believe in fiber.

And that was definitely Jorah. Iain Glenn's in the credits.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Well, her prophesy (which has come true thus far, like all 3 kids dead) has her being killed
    What if Arya kills Jaime and then assumes his face and kills Cersei? Just throwing out a little theory I heard on a podcast ... (at least the latter half)

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I watched it with close-captioning, and it identifies the guy in the cell as "Jorah" when he speaks.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, this may be real spoilerish. Fair warning.

I buy into R + L = J. Especially after the flashback.

I'm saying that I think that "Valonqar" translates as younger brother (or maybe younger sibling, although that does not fit), but that the quote says "the Valonqar", not "your Valonqar", so it is not necessarily Jaime.

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Jaime only has the one hand, so his strangling Cersei is possible but difficult, however satisfying that plot line might be.

The other interesting conjecture is that Tyrion is half Targaryon, thus Tywin's bitter "You're no son of mine" just before his death. That's not the first time he said something similar. Remember also how the dragons tolerated Tyrion when their mother had chained them up. That opens up all sorts of possibilities, including Jon and Tyrion riding the other two dragons come the big battle.

With the Hound seeing things in the fire, I'm starting to flirt with the idea of his being the Azor Ahai.

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I'm worried that Euron is going to bring back a head that belongs on the neck of a Stark child or dragon.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Agreed that Cerseis interpretation of the prophecy that Tyrion will kill her is way too obvious and she's wrong. I've wondered if it will some sort of basterd or half brother rather than Jaime but I never considered any possibility it could be Jon Snow.....

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for that plan.

Draft saved Draft deleted