1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yeah, 99.9% sure it's Jorah. Last season, Dany told him to go seek a cure for his grayscale and then return to her. Apparently the Citadel is the Mayo Clinic for grayscale (and pretty much every other disease in Westeros).

But from the looks of his arm, old Jorah is not doing too well.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Gotta be Jorah. Voice and (brief) profile make me sure.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And it simply wouldn't make sense to have a random character, also afflicted with greyscale on his left arm, asking if Daenerys Stormborn has returned (also, I may be wrong, but Jorah seems to be about the only character to regularly call her Stormborn).

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Jorah's going to be healed.

There's no way they brought him back simply to have him turn into a stone man.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If they were just going to heal him, then what is the point of him having greyscale in the first place? Maybe just to give him an excuse to vanish for half a season? He is another character I'm curious to see how the writers fit him into the overall story. Right now, he is an outlier like Clegane or Arya.

The thing I'm most encouraged by with this season is they seem to be consolidating storylines a bit. You really have four major points - the White Walkers, King's Landing, Winterfell and Dragonstone. And the last two could easily become one. It seems like anything outside of those four will be making their way inside in the next few episodes. Arya clearly has a path there, either going afte Cersei or reuniting with her sister.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

For the first time, the opening credits didn't venture to Essos at all.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I was hoping that Cersei would say that she wiped out the Sand Snakes so we don't have to see that storyline play out. I don't know why, but I hate them. I liked Oberyn, but Ellaria and her daughters annoy the shit out of me. Maybe Cersei will send the Greyjoys to take them out. I just hope they're eliminated from the picture quickly so we don't have to deal with an entire season of their monotone nothingness.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We're already seeing Sam get a line on where to get Dragonglass, and it would not surprise me if he comes up with the process for making Valerian steel too.

I think Jaime ends up killing Cersei. I worry that Danerys will wind up going full bore with the Targareon madness, but I'm not sure HBO would do that.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Greyscale got Jorah to the Citadel. Now he's met Sam, who is sending Ravens to Jon. I'm guessing Jorah helps Sam realize Jon needs to team up with the Dragon Queen.

I'm also guessing Jon deferring to another woman makes Sansa jealous.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that Sansa simply feels that her input is being disregarded by men, still, and that she saved Jon's bacon and didn't get much credit for it. She's not the Sansa of the first season any longer, and while Cersei is reprehensible, she isn't afraid to wield power decisively. Sansa sees how effective that has been for her. She's also got Littlefinger whispering poison into her ear. I look forward to that snake getting his.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

HC likes this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This sounds right to me, and it will probably involve a moment with Cersei ready to kill Tyrion. I also don't think it will happen until next season, quite likely even in the series finale.

Draft saved Draft deleted