1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Key, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Man, is that Septa bitch gonna have some serious bad days ahead...

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You saw "wiping out the entire royal family of Dorne" coming?

Speaking of that, I found it far-fetched they could take out the enormous body guard with one knife shot to the back, but whatever ...

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Or Melisandre taking off the amulet and aging about 200 years ... man, there's some stuff you just can't unsee.

As someone else noted, it was a roll call episode, but ... wait for it ... it set the rest of the season up nicely.

Ace likes this.
  4. Steak Snabler

The following are all among the five greatest things in life, according to the Dothraki:

1. Seeing a beautiful woman naked for the first time

2. Killing another Khal

3. Conquering a city and taking her people as slaves

4. Breaking a wild horse

jpetrie18 and RickStain like this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction, but then remembered the Snakes are supposedly famous for their use of poisons. Probably dosed the dagger.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Even if not, a dagger to the spine can end pretty much anybody. Central Nervous System and all that.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The Dorne storyline seems like it was transplanted from a different, much shittier show.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And it doesn't help they keep killing off the only decent actors playing Dornish.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

That scene was sort of Monty Python's "list of weaponry for the Inquisition" meets the "what is best in life" from Conan the Barbarian."

10. cyclingwriter2

Yeah, I had nightmares about the first scene mixed with me returning to work for Gannett. However, I have a theory as to why that scene may be very important down the road. But before I give...we good on spoilers that can be taken from the books? Aka, I am sure my brilliant idea is already a 50-page subreddit.

11. Steak Snabler

From the comments on Alan Sepinwall's review:

"It's nice to see the actress who played the old lady in the tub in The Shining getting some work as Mel's real form."

Ace and bigpern23 like this.
  12. cyclingwriter2

ha. that was first reaction as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted