1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 6, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep, you're right, her grandmother. That's what I meant. She's an awesome character.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I haven't read the books so this is just a guess but I think Cersei may have killed the King. She was losing power to the new queen, had her request to feed the poor changed and had a smirk on her face the whole time. It set up perfectly for her to blame Tyrion.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

For Cersei to kill her own son would go against everything we've ever known about the character.

She doesn't take Joffrey's side against Robert, Tyrion, Tywin, etc., for political gain. She does so because he's her son and she loves him.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I think the only people she really cares about are her children and herself. Jaime used to be on that list, but not any more. I think her anguish over Joffrey's death was very real.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is Magery still Queen? Does there need to be a King or can the Queen rule in her own stead?
    Does she have to marry Joffrey's younger brother?

Ramsay Snow, holy shit

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Assuming it's the same as England, there can be a queen alone if she's part of the royal line by blood (which Margaery isn't). Since Joffrey had no children, succession would pass to Joffrey's younger brother, Tommen.

Cersei becomes queen regent again, I assume.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Unless Margaery marries Tommen, in which case she'd become queen.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think she loathed Joffrey. He motherly concern for Joffrey was the result of his being her access to power.

9. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I do not think it's out of the realm of possibilities for Cersei to have murdered Joffrey. She was his mother, but she loves power and herself more than anything, or anyone, else. Even Cersei admitted previously that Joffrey wasn't fit to rule. With him out of the way before Joffrey could impregnate his new bride, Cersei remains Queen Regent with her youngest son now on the throne. Let's just hope he's not such an indignant little turd like his brother. I think Tommen actually respects Tyrion, but we'll see how this goes. I'm not saying Cersei did poison her son, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she did. And, as someone else pointed out, it gives her an excellent excuse to get Tyrion out of the picture.
    For the record, my money is on the old lady.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's three kings dead on his watch. Jaime is the worst Kingsguard ever.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical of the bride's family being involved. Joffrey's death didn't improve their standing.
    I like the mother as the culprit with the Dornish prince running second.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

In fairness, he did kill one of them himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted