1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So long Joffrey, you were a real horse's ass.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen any redeeming value to the stuff with Bran, either.

Having read it in the books, I knew that last scene was coming, but it was still great to see it on the show. Of course, the real question is who did it. I think the show dropped more hints about one person in particular than the books.

3. Steak Snabler

The Bran storyline has become even more ridiculous due to the fact he's now about 6 feet tall in real life. They should have brought in a new actor after Season 2.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Had to be the guy his mom was bossing around about the leftovers, right?

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

We high-fived each other on the couch when we watched that last scene.

6. outofplace

Pycelle? (not sure of the spelling)

Doubtful. He's all about serving the Lannisters and making sure they stay in power because they let him go on being a perv.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yes! The only thing that would have made that scene any better is if Joffrey had been beheaded. But it was nice to see him struggle to breathe. Now I can't wait to see who gets linked to that marvelous act.

Outside of that closing scene, the episode was OK. I realize they have too many characters to get them all in every episode, but I'd love to see Arya/The Hound every week.

8. outofplace

If they stopped boring us with Bran, perhaps we wouldn't have to have episodes without Arya, the Hound and Dany.

They made it pretty clear who would be blamed before the episode ended, but does anybody watching really think he did it?

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

No way it was him. Haven't read the books, so I don't know who it was, but if Tyrion was going to take Joffrey out, he wouldn't have been anywhere near him when it happened. Definitely wouldn't have handed him the cup with the poison in it.

I wonder if it was Margery or Olenna. Oberyn is kinda obvious, which is why I think it won't be him.

10. outofplace

Oh, I don't think it was Tyrion, either, but his sister is certainly ready to put it on him. I've read some of the books, but I don't know who it is or if they have even revealed who did it. Olenna is a pretty good guess. I'd be very surprised if it was Margaery. I think she would have rather tried to control him than go that route.

11. Steak Snabler

Margaery wants power, and if Joffrey's not king, she's got no power.

And given that all the trailers from this season have prominently featured Tyrion in chains, I think it's easy to tell who gets blamed.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

From the logical standpoint of what the viewers know, Sansa would be the one. Maybe she put something in the cup when it was under the table and she retrieved it. But, not knowing a cup was going to come at her feet, that would mean she would have had to have it on her and think pretty fast.

Yes, Cersei immediately started blaming Tyrion. I don't think the logical defense of "I had it all planned for him to humiliate me and force me to pour his wine so I could slip something into his cup while standing in plain sight" will work.

Draft saved Draft deleted