1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 6, 2014.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Sister in law.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I cracked up at the reveal of the Joffrey statue.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I took the conversation to mean Danerys is the niece of Oberyn.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That is correct. But I was talking about something else.

The Stark narrative was that Lyanna (Ned's sister & King Robert's betrothed) was raped by Rhaegar. Oberyn presumably implied in his conversation to Tyrion their relationship was consensual.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, agreed. I hadn't paid much attention to that.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah I goofed up and mistook Rhaegar as Aerys (II?), Rheagar is Dany's brother.

It's an interesting theory about Snow----I had read once that he might be Robert's bastard too. Pretty eery when Ned says they'll talk about his father later when they part in season 1.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And before the spoiler police arrive, Jon Snow's parentage hasn't been revealed in the books, so this is all speculation (albeit informed speculation).

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know the books are canon, but they could lose 50% of the plot lines and still have an overstuffed show. I spend way too much time rewinding and figuring out who everyone is referencing. But when the show is on (anything with Arya or Tyrion for example) it is great.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I did myself a huge favor by binge watching the first three seasons before Season 4 started.

I picked up on a few things like the Night's Watch commander being Jorah Mormont's (sp?) father.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Compared with the books, the show *has* cut 80% of the storylines.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6tKZ-cg4RI

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I knew it was coming, but ...
    GREATEST. MOMENT. ON. TV.
    That motherfucker breathing his last was justice if there ever was any. I can't wait until his mama gets what's coming to her.

That said, I can do without the whole Bran story line. It's a waste of time that could be spent on something interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted