1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Man, am I pumped about this. My favorite new HBO show since Deadwood.

And with GoT and Mad Men airing back-to-back for the next three months, that's two top-notch hours of dramatic television.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm looking forward to it. Less than three hours now.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Winter is coming, motherfuckers.

Also: "Hodor," said Hodor.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can somebody please kill Joffrey already?

6. Steak Snabler

I'm sufficiently confused, but I suppose that's the point.

Not enough Danaerys Targerean for my taste, but otherwise an outstanding beginning to the season. The scene where Tyrian came back to King's Landing and started throwing his weight around was totally badass.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Direwolf Cam.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What would you say you found confusing? Perhaps a few of us can offer some non-spoilery help.

The hired goons who were killing babies and drowning kids near the end were killing all of Robert's bastard children, on the orders of the queen. One of them, Gendry, was scooped up by a member of the Knight's Watch, Yoren, the guy who scooped up Arya, then told her he'd get her to Winterfell if she pretended to be a boy. Gendry, the kid with the bull shaped helmet, is currently with the other "recruits" on the King's Road, as Yoren's job is to bring new people to the Knight's Watch to help guard The Wall. That was the one part I think might seem kind of confusing, all that baby killing.

The other, I guess, that might make you go "WTF?" was the whole fire ceremony on the beach at the beginning. That was happening in Dragonstone, which is an island part of Westeros that Stannis Baratheon calls home. Stannis has rejected the old gods in favor of a mystical religion practiced by the red priestess, Melisandre. Stannis and his younger brother Renly both believe they should be heir to the Seven Kingdoms, and they've both got a decent amount of steel behind them.

I feel like Tyrion's character almost didn't get enough screen time for all the awesome he's responsible for early on.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

If they need to bring someone in to take out Joffrey or at least hold him down, I'll gladly do it for a half-eaten Nutty Buddy.

10. Steak Snabler

Yeah, I'll catch on quickly enough. It just introduced a lot of new characters. Plus, it always takes me a bit to get used to the accents. But I'm not complaining in any way ...

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Baby killings. Holy shit!

12. Steak Snabler

I want Joffrey to hang around at least until Arya is old and skilled enough to take him out herself. The queen they can go ahead and get rid of.

Draft saved Draft deleted