1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of the year preview....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bwright, Oct 29, 2009.

1. bwright

bwright Member

I'm charged with previewing a game between (No. 4 school, 8-0) and (No. 2 school, 6-1) to decide the district championship. Huge game. I have no idea how to lead a game of this magnitude.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How about...

If you live 50 miles from Podunk or Hillbilly High, you don't give a shit about this game, but for those of you who do, just like in any big game, big plays will win the game.

3. bwright

bwright Member

That was far easier. Thanks!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

50 miles? I have two high schools within about 2 of me and I don't know jack shit about either of them, much less care about who they're playing and when.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They must not try hard enough.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

"Goliath never got the chance to do battle with another Goliath ... but imagine if he did?"

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The irresistible object meets the immovable force.

8. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

The number four school will play the number two school tonight in a football game.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Do you like high school football?

If you answered yes, then come to Podunk High tonight to watch Podunk vs. Nowhere High. Not only will it be a game between two top-ranked teams, but they will all try hard.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"There's always barber college." - Dalton, "Road House."

11. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Just a typical preview should be fine...boost it up with some graphic or special art of some sort. Do the clashing helmet thing and blowout a big photo to go with it. Looking into the history of this matchup would probably give you something, too.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why are you doing a preview? Everyone who cares about football in the area already knows about it.

Go find a swimmer to feature.

Draft saved Draft deleted