1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Shadows authors' keynote at college newspaper convention

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A guy I know goes to the ACP college media convention in San Francisco last week and sits in on the Game of Shadows authors, Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, keynote.

My "friend" shows up wearing a Giants shirt and cap and asks the last question after the speech. He asked if there should be an asterisk on their paycheck from the book publisher because they obtained their information through illegal leaks. He also gets Game of Shadows signed and one of the authors wrote something to the effect of "To a big jerk".

I can't tell this story as well as my friend, but he did deserve to get a smart-assed response.

2. Stay classy, San Francisco.

3. jboy

jboy Guest

They're published authors and the best they can come up with is "to a big jerk"?. C'mon! Go fuck yourself you fuckstick cockstain or something like that is the least I would expect.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Clever question. That's all I got.

Draft saved Draft deleted