1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game 4 column ideas, post 'em here....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Jun 15, 2006.

1. i actually have a halfway decent deadline tonight. we had some printing press problems earlier in the week....i got 30 minutes to work with tonight... if you wanna help a brotha out, drop it here.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't help you with a column, but you don't have a hair on your ample ass if you don't bring up Mickleson calling Loopy "Mitch" as a closing shot on Sports Reporters...

3. Slap, phil me in...i don't know what you're talking about.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is on the US Open running thread, but apparently (unless the poster made it up), Loopy asked a question during Mickleson's post-round press conference and Phil called him "Mitch"

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

When was the last time a player had 40+ in consecutive Finals games?

6. Well at least he didn't call him Paulie Walnuts.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Compare the first 2 Miami losses to the Lakers' 148-114 Game 1 loss to the Celtics in '85. If the Heat win this game, maybe there's hope yet for a comeback to win it all, like the Lakers; because, losing the first 2 games by double digits could've made a lot of teams hang it up mentally.

Or, write about Riley's hair.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Hey, hoss, isn't it, um, your job to come up with a brilliant column idea? I mean, if I give you one do I get a chunk of one of your massive paychecks? I don't see anyone posting here looking for sidebar ideas.

Earn your money, pal.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Wade's "injuries" ARE getting tiresome.

It's like the Jordan bullshit all over again.

Earl Campbell used to limp back to the huddle every time, too.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

work yo' corners

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't believe people actually contribute ideas to the attention-starved columnist.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cheaper than buying a meal...

Draft saved Draft deleted