1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Strong. I’ve have four alt totals in the last week where it came within a half point. This was the first one I left myself some wiggle room.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shoutout to my man Keon Ellis for hitting both of his free throws to push Alabama to a five-point win over UT when I had it at -4.5. Three-teamer still alive. Just need Arkanpig to beat LSU by four. Hartford also covered.

3. exmediahack

Can do another one on MWC. O138 points at a book that rhymes with Shaft Tings and U138.5 at one that had a deadly Vegas fire in 1980. Same price.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Illinois -5.5. Makes two free throws late to go up 91-85. Ohio State out of timeouts. Comes down. Makes a three at the buzzer. 91-88 Illini.

6. exmediahack

Had Ohio State +6. Whew.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I like Iona +17

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Probably have to put something on Gonzaga at +200.

Also like Illinois at +700 and Ohio State at a sneaky +2400.

No idea what any of the Virginia teams' odds are since they don't show up on our books here.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I put a smidge on Gonzaga at +250. Just like to have something to maneuver off of if they go all the way. And it's also a sort of Big Red (craps term) for the 1976 Hoosiers. Can't be having another unbeaten.

10. exmediahack

Lots of action. Lots of action.

Mostly exploiting alt totals (Drake/Wichita) to churn my play and earn hundreds in free bets from PointsBet.

Fading Colorado, VCU, Creighton. I don’t like Iowa because of their lack of defense. I bought a $100 on Texas at 33-1 but I plan to burn a free bet against them in the second round. Love their inside play but I hate their guards. They also don’t value the ball.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with a betting plan for this tournament because there is just so much damn uncertainty because of the lack of non-conference play. Four out of five people are putting Ohio into the second round which spooks me and makes me think Virginia is going to blow out the Bobcats. (Unlikely, because Virginia; also, can't bet it anyway.) Keep hearing about Colgate but they literally played four Patriot League teams all year and I fear Arkansas may blow the doors off them. I'm going to wait until closer to Thursday to fully fill a bracket.

I've followed college hoop pretty closely this year, but there's just no basis of comparison for a lot of teams in the field.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Had a free $10 bet on DK and figured that Paul Pogba wouldn’t start for Man United but would finish. Bet +1200 for him to score the last goal of the match today. $$$

Draft saved Draft deleted