1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G20 running thread..Canada's largest city shut down ...but there's no traffic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

King and Bay. Cops have been remarkably restrained so far. But I'd let them smash a few heads of The Black Bloc who started all this violence.Smashing a Starbucks window is so lame

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Time to break out the water cannons and lock these fuckers up and throw away the key.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I hate this...it attracts a special kind of idiot, and not just the politicians.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And they attacked a CBC van and were throwing bricks at a CBC reporter and cameraman at Queen & University. T

he funniest coverage is on CP24 where Anne Rohmer is peering out from about the ninth floor window with the camera guy shooting over her shoulder.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

It turns around the opinions of those, like myself, who thought it was insane to spend a billion on security and invoke draconian laws.

Now I say the police should turn the water cannons on these fucking bastards and then start ramping it up from there.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What are they protesting and who are they?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Mayor David Miller has announced that people should "stay calm. There is significant police presence downtown."

[​IMG]

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They're protesting ... evil corporate government? Who the fuck knows? It's what they do on a Saturday afternoon. They're 21st century dirty hippies and wackjob radical environmentalists who think all corporations are evil because they got fired for peeing in the sink at Starbucks. Getting hit with a water cannon will probably be the first bath they've had in six months.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

This is also the most ambition the majority of them will have shown in probably the same amount of time.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

CP24 keeps calling these people "anarchists" which is fucking ludicrous. They're thugs, simple as that. Anarchists don't wear Oakley's and Ralph Lauren polo shirts like one fucking moron I saw holllering at a cop on CBC Newsworld.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

The cops are being too patient and restrained. For a billion dollars, I want a thug-comprised body count, dammit.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's always been my question about these G20 protesters. What the hell are they protesting? In my opinion they're just anarchists who enjoy wrecking stuff for shits and grins and don't really have a cause. I mean, what the fuck is the point in attacking a CBC van?

Draft saved Draft deleted