1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fyre Festival disaster

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Apr 28, 2017.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

People who haven't been to a concert or on vacation for years would decide to splurge on this? Doesn't seem likely.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah. Still a 6.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Each and every time I read the phrase "Cheese Sandwich", I do it in the voice of Bernie Mac from Original Kings of Comedy.

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The answer to the riddle is an L.A. Phant.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

So the event organIzer was a 25 year old? Also, the tents were leftovers from disaster missions?

I love this story.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's like a live re-enactment of the "Kamp Krusty" Simpsons episode. Only thing missing was a drunken Ja Rule impersonator stumbling through one of his songs.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Their parents must have cheered after the plane took off.

justgladtobehere and Batman like this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love the sign off to the article ...
    "And baby, they forgot to make me sign an NDA."

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Desus and Mero show on Vice channel mentioned the Fyre Festival tonight. They said -- If someone is selling something on Instagram and it's Ja Rule selling it you may not want to buy it. Also said the packages ranged from 500-12k. 12k is Ja Rule there to jerk you off when the plane lands.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Would you prefer to exchange your 2017 ticket(s) for additional 2018 VIP passes, as opposed to receiving a refund? (Ex: If you purchased 3 passes for 2017, you would receive 6 total 2018 VIP passes),” the form asks. “We have received support and commitments from several musicians to perform at next year’s event. We would be so thankful to have your support as well.”

https://news.vice.com/story/fyre-fe...oney-months-early-on-models-planes-and-yachts

dixiehack and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Dear Fyre: Fuck no, and fuck you!"

Draft saved Draft deleted