1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FW Star-Telegram redesign

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by writing irish, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Exactly. That's what television news is for.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Tabs have been doing no story, one story covers for years.
    While I can't remember the last magazine I have seen with a story on the cover.
    Time still managed to sell over four million magazines last week and would be the fourth or fifth largest paper in the country based on total circulation.
    The reason you are seeing mag-influenced design in newspapers is because it looks better. Is that the case in Fort Worth? I don't know, but for the examples posted, the news design is much more striking.
    Plus, and I repeat myself, the whole idea is to get people inside the paper, where the ads are.

3. Except in this paper, you apparently can't tell the difference between the news and the ads ...

I just don't agree with turning broadsheet into tabs or magazines. Put a fucking story on the front page.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm less likely to want to "get inside the paper" if the front page looks like something designed by and for idiots.

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

It looks more like an Internet page than anything. I'm surprised there isn't an ad at the bottom of the page.

Draft saved Draft deleted