1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Futurama series finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Starts in an hour on Comedy Central.
    It hasn't been nearly as good since they brought it back from the dead, but it's still sad to see an iconic series pass into the night.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Indeed.

One of my favorite shows but good news everybody. The Futurama crew will be on a Simpsons episode in 2014.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm going to DVR the last one, then the first one (which follows immediately), then watch them in reverse order.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I used to be a huge Futurama fan, but the first season back left me empty -- the jokes were more obvious and the message was a lot more thinly-veiled than during the original run. I don't think I ever watched a second season episode, at least when it was new. But I've gotten back into it lately and while it's missing some of the intangiables from the first run, it's still a good show.

I hated that it got shitcanned the first go-round. Now, I don't think there's much else they can do with it. But if TBS were of a mind to pick it up and pair it with American Dad as the Great Shows From Great Cartoonists That Got Overshadowed By More Approachable, Not As Good block, I would not complain.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The first run of Futurama was great. The second one, while still good, lost quite a bit off its fastball.

I don't know when it started to go downhill, but it's sad to see what was such a damn good show drop off like this.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted