1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Furloughs beginning at CNHI...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tmayforth, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i guess that depends on who you work for.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Wow. He is lucky someone didn't give him a lot of pain at that point.

3. Fuck CNHI with a big rubber dick and then break it off and beat CNHI with the rest of it.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No jury in the country would convict you.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Man, best wishes to everyone at the old shop...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I still can't get over that ad rep...
    The person who does the least work is gloating...

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Doogs: When I asked the editor, he would neither confirm nor deny, so you know what that means:

1) My name will be mud -- again -- here by Thursday morning.

2) It's true... now that I "broke" this story, I'm betting we get the news today.

Will keep ya posted.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

It's pretty damn clear that in CNHI, most advertising people are worthless. Ours just HIRED two after the last layoff and then got this today. At some point, they're going to get the clue that content matters, especially when newsrooms are throwing AP wire all over the place because the city council reporter was on furlough and pressrooms are desperately trying to figure out how to just get the damn paper out.

9. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

These people weren't ever brilliant newspaper executives in the first place. But don't furlough ad people? You're talking about planting the seeds of some SERIOUS inneroffice conflict.

10. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

That guy will be a manager by the end of the week.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Hey, at least basketball season is over. If the boss and I had to take five days off, we'd come back to angry, pissed off e-mails and phone calls of, "Why did you cover OUR game?"

It's bad enough when both of us are working our asses off. I couldn't even imagine them pulling this.

Also, I wonder if CNHI really realizes what losing a week of pay would mean to someone like me. It's a drop in the bucket to the people in Alabama but if that lost week comes in the wrong paycheck, I'm screwed.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Wenders: I feel your pain... a week's pay is killer to pretty much everyone at my shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted