1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny People

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 31, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone planning on seeing it? The reviews haven't been kind. If you're advertising a movie as a comedy and the funniest stuff is Harry Potter joke and the bar scene they show on the ads, I'm thinking it might not be that great.

Also don't know what has gotten into Seth Rogan. He's popping off at Entourage, Katherine Heigl... dude needs to start eating again.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I want to see it, but I am afraid it is going to be another film billed as comedy that is actually not funny and a little depressing.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Actually, it's 64 percent on rotten tomatoes, which isn't bad. I was reading where it's an incredibly tough film to market, because it has the Apatow comedy elements people expect, but it's a legitimately dramatic story.

I'll definitely see it, because I like Sandler's dramatic roles ("Punch-Drunk Love" is a favorite) and am too curious not to.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'll be seeing it as well.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

64 overall on RT, 47 percent top critics.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/71329/

I stand by what I said in this one.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i know about the "entourage" thing. when did he go off on heigl? ??? ??? ???

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

funny, ijag, i feel the exact opposite about sandler, whom i think seems like a total mensch. strange that we disagree, eh?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So the BLOGGERS! love it!

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Two reasons to support Rogen by seeing this movie multiple times.

11. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Just google Randy from Funny People and you will see the funniest parts of the movie.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've seen a bunch of the stand-up segments and thought they were pretty good.
    That doesn't mean it's a good movie, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted