1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny Lupica and Emmert stories from the Final Four

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GRUDGE, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I regard Simmons as one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the journalism business, BTW. He's an idea guy, and some of his ideas have been wildly successful. There really isn't a good one word description for what he is within that business.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If only the Federal Government kept a list of all journalists, we'd know for sure.

3. Too bad Lupica isn't on here. This site needs a big name.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone hear Loopy interviewed on Fox News on Monday after the bombings? He made it sound like he had been to about 37 Boston Marathons. In person. And maybe running in 27 of them.

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

When I saw they were about to interview him, I threw a brick threw my TV. Fucking Loopy owes me.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You threw a brick AND threw your TV!?!

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And his slowest time was 1 hour, 43 minutes. His personal best is 47 minutes.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yet another example of old brain cells failing to message the right word to the typing fingers and the fact that I miss having editors. (Not posting this until reading 3 times.)

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did that beat Ki Il Jong's time?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Is that anything like "I be good typist?" lol...

I heard, and I don't know if anyone else can verify, is that some of the journalist seats were moved because half the time the seats were empty (the reporters would go in the media room to work rather than at courtside), and they didn't want CBS shooting Nantz and Kellogg with all those empty seats behind them.

Memo to the NCAA... did you take a look around the building? A lot of fans came dressed as seats.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

This "move the media seating" idea has been around for 20 years or so. CBS producer was interviewed back then about the "atmosphere" at the Final Four. They wanted more fans at court side instead of 3-4 rows of media seating. Yeah ... right.
    CBS/NCAA would prefer the game played on a Hollywood sound stage with everything scripted for the "drama" of the telecast.

12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

No one beats Kim Il Jong's time ...

Draft saved Draft deleted