1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny fantasy football picks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Who are some people you've drafted (or picked off the waiver wire) through the years in fantasy football that are completely random but who helped you win a game or two along the way.

For me, off the top of my head, those people include: Dave Meggett, Koy Detmer, Johnnie Morton (as a Lion), Trung Canidate, Alvin Harper and Henry Ellard. Oh, and some no-name Rams quarterback.. Werner or something...

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Well, I picked up Joe Klopfenstein today.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Michael Haynes

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fat Lever, picked a couple of weeks after the season started, helped me win a USAT pro hoops league once.

Football? I'm drawing a blank.

Didn't Vinny come out of nowhere a couple of years ago to throw up some silly numbers? Not for me, though.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Eric Bieniemy (sp?) and Bubby Brister.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

John Friesz

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Last year, I pretty much picked up a different tight end every week. I had Erron Kinney, Bubba Franks, David Martin from the Packers, Daniel Graham...none of them ever won me a game, but it was funny picking those dopes up.

Keenan McCardell once won me a game with a 2-pt conversion in 1995 or 1996.

Heijera, are you talking about the Monday Night Miracle when the Jets scored four or five touchdowns in the final 20 or so minutes? Vinny ended up with nearly 500 yards passing that game. I think he had about 130 midway thru the third quarter. Some guy in our league came back from a 30- or 40-point deficit in that time to win his game.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Jumbo Elliott caught a TD in that game.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You're a liar.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Nope. It was '91, I believe, and while I had Rypien and Marino, I was young and doing so well I figured I could start anyone and win. And I did. I think it was against the Browns and he threw a TD to Shawn Jefferson, whom I also had, for a nice double-bubble.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Dude in one of my drafts picked up Tony Romo in the eighth round of the 12-team league.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Brock Forsey. He rushed for over 100 yards randomly for the Bears one week and helped me to the win.

Draft saved Draft deleted