1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funniest damn thing I've seen in some time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Neighbor is having a yard sale. The daughter brings out one of these remote control dogs that move around on wheels and bark. Woman comes up with a dachshund on a leash, another with a chihuahua. The fake dog is sitting as is all the other kid toys for sale and suddenly moves its head...the little girl didn't know the thing was on. The dachshund goes berserk, wanting to fight the fake dog but when it moves toward her, she nearly runs off the leash. The chihuahua gets loose and starts humping the dachshund. We get the little girl to bring fakedog over to visit our German Shepherd mix and the big dog runs away from it. My wife bought fakedog to sit in front of our gate to keep our dog from getting out.

Oh well, it was worth a morning chuckle.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why is someone having a yard sale on a Friday ???

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

because Thursday is too soon.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe everyone in Scribe's town is unemployed so it's basically a seven day weekend.

5. ScribePharisee

Some people get the early start.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't supposed you captured that on video?

7. ScribePharisee

Unfortunately, not, or you'd have a youtube link already.

8. ScribePharisee

Bear in mind this is all happening at about 7:30 this morning. Usually that's when all the junk shop people are trying to bargain so there was quite a crowd. People were looking so nervous about whether to laugh or just keep shopping. I was on my way to the car and work and saw it...I got away laughing, and got countless stares at a few red lights still laughing. My wife called and said what happened with the other dogs along the way and how she bought it to deal with our dog. It was a nice ride to work.

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It just goes to show, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to get yourself a fake dog at a yard sale.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

You mean you didn't buy the fake dog?

11. Chihuahuas are the shiznit.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

The wiener dog is going to need years of therapy because of this.

Draft saved Draft deleted