1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FUNNIEST CAMPAIGN ADS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Oct 8, 2006.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm sure those of you in the New England area have come across this already, it's been out for a while now. But I wanted to get feedback from across the nation on this one.

This is the funniest political ad I have ever watched, and no it's not because I plan on voting for the guy, or because there is someone in the ad that resembles the Republican hack he's running against - in the form of Kerry Healy. And don't get me wrong, I'm no Deval Patrick fan either, especially with his immigration platform.

But anyways, Christy Mihos' ad slamming the Big Dig - which I'm sure has made national airwaves, is a friggin riot.

What do you all think? And what is the funniest ad in your area?

http://www.christy2006.com/downloads/christy2006dotcom_HeadsUp.wmv

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The first thing that guy needs to do is get a manlier sounding name than Christy.

3. RedSmithClone

Life ain't easy for a boy named Christy . . .

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

OK. Keep in mind here that everyone shown is a paid actor.

Rick Santorum commits campaign suicide.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

6. RedSmithClone

I think that Santorum ad is pretty damn funny too.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And the Santorum ad is completely inaccurate too. Lots of stretching of the truth, with some of the guys highlighted also donors to his campaign. It's a desperate move for a sleaze about to spend his last few weeks in office. Though I tell ya, when I covered him his office was among the most media friendly I've dealt with in the US Senate. Nice guy in person too.

8. The Mihos ad is the production of Bill Hillsman, who was behind the famous Wellstone "schoolbus" ads and, later, Jesse Ventura's commercials. I think he's also working for Kinky down in Texas.

9. busuncle

busuncle Member

I'm pretty sure that Santorum ad has been out for a while.

I thought it was pretty funny. I get a kick out of mudslinging TV ads. It's my favorite part of election season.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/07/AR2006100700255.html

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Here in Ohio, there's been a pretty good one running for congressional race. Not high on the scale of funny, but pretty original.

Draft saved Draft deleted