1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funniest book you've ever read...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by n8wilk, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I haven't enjoyed some of his more recent books, but Nelson Demille's Gold Coast had nearly a hearty laugh a page. A great narrator in John Sutter,

2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm not much into books when I look for humor. But I love Sherman Alexie, and I found this to be hilarious and a quick read.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I see Bill Bryson already has gotten some love on this thread but seriously anything the man writes is flat-out funny. If you like travel, he's for you. And the funniest thing he's ever written was "Neither Here Nor There," which is about his going back to Europe in his later years with the same schlub he went with when they were 20 and doing the hostels. I read this while traveling through Europe on the trains and was literally guffawing as people stared at me. His recent book on growing up in the 1950s is hilarious, too. Title name escapes me at the moment. Also, his book on Australia, think it's called "In a Sunburned Country," is amazing. The great thing about his books is he does so much research as a good journalist would that you end up learning a lot while you're rolling on the floor laughing.

Draft saved Draft deleted