1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun at the Wisconsin State Fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportbook, Aug 5, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Agreed. Like the way you put that. I thought we all had equal protection under the law. I guess some have more protection than others.

Every crime is a hate crime. Unless it's a crime of passion. Then, hopefully, it doesn't involve shears and junk.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seems the racial tension might not have cooled in Milwaukee in the past couple of days.

http://www.wisn.com/news/28816817/detail.html

A Milwaukee woman is in custody after surveillance video showed her attacking a court reporter at the Milwaukee County Courthouse Tuesday, the sheriff says.

The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department said the woman was waiting to go through the metal detectors at the courthouse when she blocked a doorway, then attacked a court reporter who tried to enter the room.

Surveillance video shows the court reporter going around a long line for the metal detector, however she was able to bypass that security measure because of her employee ID.

The sheriff said the woman blocked the court reporter, raised issue with her bypassing then line, then asking "Why, because you are white?"

Police said the woman then threw the employee to the ground and security intervened.

The employee's thumb was injured, and her necklace was broken.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That might be the dumbest place ever to pull a stunt like that.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, because you've always been such an advocate of the hate crime designation.

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Ever been to Milwaukee?

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Kermit is in heaven, secure in peaceful bliss.

Free at last from the folly and impertinence of the world.

Just be happy for Kermit.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Statistically speaking, most blacks commit violent crimes against other blacks.

For some reason I can't put my finger on, that doesn't get near the amount of attention.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

When I was in TV, we had an anchor that would call black-on-black gang-inspired violence as Public Service killings.

I never knew whether to laugh or cringe.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

More blacks doing the flashmob thing

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20092862-504083.html

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to mention, there's a link to a photo gallery of teachers in the Poin Project

Just FYI.

Draft saved Draft deleted