1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-timer diddling 20-y.o. part-timer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trunkmonkey, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Of course, if anyone working in your shop even has an inkling of who you are here, or if the situation sounds familiar to them and they start looking at their coworkers, you've already outed them (rightly or wrongly).
    Well done.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Check their company e mails

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

But maybe you'll get lucky and the guy's wife will call the office looking for him some night, and you can take great pleasure in not lying to give him an alibi.

Or, if you suspect he and the 20 year old are off canoodling some evening, you could call the guy's home to discuss some "assignment" and motivate his wife to look for him for you.

But you've got to be 100 percent sure, not 95.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I overheard this being done once, which was incredibly awkward. This guy had some kind of thing going with a married woman in the office and it went sideways. They recovered a bunch of deleted emails and his asshole boss was reading them out loud. Seemed like a terrible invasion of privacy to me, but he was dumb enough to do it all on the company email. The "justification" was to use the emails as evidence that he was wasting too much time on personal shit rather than getting his work done.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Eight seconds at BYH's workplace. And that includes the post-coital apology. ;D

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Put out a memo reminding everyone in the dept that the company frowns on use of company e -mail for personal business and see if the guy sweats bullets.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The ones about me were probably true.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Even the ones I started?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Those are called facts.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I SAID PROBABLY!

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

See if you can get the nosey news-sider to go to HR and complain about them.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Get an apology from Human Resources.

Draft saved Draft deleted