1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FU Burger King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey jerkoff, this thread is about fast food, not condiments. You want to whine about ketchup, start another thread.

PS: You know why you hate ketchup? Because it's for winners. Oh no! I just Scrubsjacked the thread. I made SJ Nation sad.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Dude, there's a reason he wears white. He jacks off more than a 14-year-old stranded on a desert island with nothing but a bottle of Astroglide and a stack of Penthouses.

3. I've spent a lot of time on here today; Best post I read all day!

DISCLAIMER: I'm drunk.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ketchup rules, and anyone who doesn't like it is a heathen!

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If I want a burger, I go for quality: Fudrucker's, Wild Willy's, someplace like that. It costs more, but it's worth it.
    I haven't had a fast food burger in months.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Leave Pallister alone. All he has in the outhouse that doubles as an apartment are ketchup packets and Pabst Blue Ribbon. He's tired of that "diet."

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, I'm switching to mayonaisse packets and malt liquor.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I simply have to add this to the discussion.

Because my kids really wanted the stupid crowns they can get at BK, I took them there for lunch.

Stuck to the soft drink dispenser are little labels offering suggestions about which soda would go best with a certain sandwich. Stuff like "Diet Coke goes well with the grilled chicken club sandwich" and "Sprite goes well with a Whopper with Cheese"

According to BK, Hi-C fruit punch is to wine what chicken fries are to fine dining.

I'm going back again soon and I'm bringing my camera.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Exactly where are BKs popular? Within a few miles of my house are several buildings that appear to have once been BKs but are now other restaurants, banks, dry cleaners, whatever.

Agree with earlier posts -- they lost me when the fries went to shit.

I thought Hardee's made some darned good fried chicken. It wasn't available at every location, but rural ones always seemed to have it. But I think Hardee's quietly phased it out to make their 16-pound sandwiches.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I actually like the BK fries, but I haven't eaten there in years. I would much rather have Wendy's if I'm going for fast food.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What ever happened to Freelance Hack, anyway...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Yep.

I agree- Hardee's fried chicken was pretty boss. And the sides (especially the mashed potatoes/gravy) owned KFC's. But Hardee's soon became everything to everyone- the old "jack of all trades and master of none." For a while, you could get burgers, roast beefs, hot ham & cheese, fried chicken, hot dogs, and Hershey's ice cream at Hardee's. Sounds awesome, but they were losing money like a sieve. People who wanted roast beef were going to Arby's, people who wanted chicken were still going to KFC, people who wanted ice cream were going to Dairy Queen, and people who wanted hot dogs would just make them at home.

Then Hardee's cornered the market on gigantic burgers, and have somewhat stepped back from the brink.

Draft saved Draft deleted