1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FU Burger King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 9, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

70-mile drive. Boy, that's a long way. :)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I heard Pallister drove from Augusta, Maine to Juneau, Alaska without needing to relieve himself even once.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

No, that's not true, but you'd be amazed by the utility empty bottles provide. :D

4. Spoken like a true man...

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wait about five minutes. Go get a Coke and some ketchup. The bread will dissolve by the time you get back.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I guess I should have said that I haven't had a Whopper in several years. Overrated if you ask me and I'm trying to cut out fast food. I just laugh every month or so when they jack up the prices again. That said, I had an $8 burger today. Yup, $8 at a country club where I was covering a golf tournament. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay for it. Good burger but not $8 good. Chicken breast sandwich was $8 also but I had to get the burger just to see if it was anything special.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Tried that once.

Couldn't eat half of the second burger before I began feeling sick.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Forget the burgers.

Rosebud and I just returned from town a little while ago after swinging through Dairy Queen. Moolatte for her, Chocolate Extreme Blizzard for me.

We don't do it very often, once every few months.

YUM!!!

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Hadn't eaten at BK in a few years but went through the drive-through with a friend last week. I forgot the BK use of condiments on the different burgers. I got a double whopper and it was unspeakably foul because it was slathered with mayonnaise. Would have been a medicore fast-food burger if it had mustard instead. But I'd guess it had at least two rounded tablespoons of mayonnaise...mon Dieu!...yuck, it was like Paul Proudhomme shot his load all over the bun and then dropped a few scraps of lifeless iceberg lettuce on the mess as the coup de grace.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Went to see "Iron Man" kind of hungry. Get to the scene where he [OK, spoiler alert!] gets back to his office headquarters and he tells his aide he wants a cheeseburger. Now I'm thinking, yeah, I want a cheeseburger too. Man, I would love a cheeseburger right about now! Gonna be tough to watch the rest of the movie while thinking about a great tasting, thick, juicy, grilled to perfection cheesburger. Damn! Damn!

Next scene, Downey Jr. is getting out of his car with a cheeseburger, but it's from Burger King. Meh. So much for the craving. Watched the rest of the pretty good movie in peace.

Thanks, King!

As product placement goes, the Audi folks did a better job.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's a nice image, Irish.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Eh...BK is BK. They have very few good sangwiches (most notably grilled chicken) and more gross ones. Whopper is pretty good but I don't see how people could eat more than one. I'm probably the only one who loves their fries, but I do. I find McDonalds to be more soggy and leave a really, really bad aftertaste.

Wendy's, at least the ones I've eaten at in my life, are absolutely foul. I found a wad of gray hair in a jr. bacon cheeseburger like 3 years ago and haven't been back since that.

McDonalds double cheeseburgers are tasty in a guilty, 'this doesn't taste like beef' kind of way. I love the chicken sandwiches on the dollar menu, especially with a slice of cheese and BBQ instead of the gross globs of mayonnaise.

Draft saved Draft deleted