1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSU's cowgirl celebrates her birthday on SI.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rufino, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Until this year, I think I may have had one other big birthday party. (I was five and it was a Little Mermaid theme.) Birthday parties were just something my family never got hooked on -- usually a small family get-together shindig. This year was going to be different, and why shouldn't it be? After all, I am turning 23 this Wednesday, and that's almost 25 and that's close to 30. Damn. I feel old.

This is fucking brilliant.

The great thing about Cowgirl is she gives Simmons somebody to look down on. I can just imagine him saying, "what is this business coming to when a no-talent hack like this gets a regular gig?"

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You laugh, but the introspection -- not to mention the mathematical skill displayed -- is awe-inspiring.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sterger isn't even the hottest girl in her circle of wanna-be Paris Hilton bar tramps friends.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

I wouldn't fret much. She's only 10 years from being married to some business-school sleazebag who starts rampantly cheating on her the minute she turns 30. Then all she'll have is an empty McMansion, a cookie-cutter SUV and an addiction to pain pills/anti-depressants to get her through it all. Then we'll see how fun it is to be stylish over bringing something of substance to the table.

But I wish her the best.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Two thoughts:

1) This is really, really mean. Seriously...That's a hell of a lot of hostility toward a girl who's just another airhead, albeit one with a remarkable streak of luck.

2) Hell, I'd take the McMansion and the SUV and the pills...If I'm still a sportswriter when I'm 30, I likely won't be able to afford any of that. And I'll be single. And for the record, I won't be as good-lookin' as her, fake or no.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Remarkable streak of luck? Or determined willingness to peddle her assets?

You make the call.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I say "potato," you say "attention whore."

Whaddyagonnado?

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

You might say it's mean. But I have little patience for image-driven people who inflate their self-esteem on things like fake breasts and races for material goods.

So you're good-looking. Great. What else you got?

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Gotta agree. SI is giving her the stage, but she's the trained monkey in this act. But she's like anybody else her age ... just trying to carve out a place for themselves. It just so happens that society sadly glorifies the narcissism and idiocy that she has in spades.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Fixed

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

She already looks about 30. And when Cowgirl is 30, she'll look about 45.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

She saw Webby around campus and ran. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted