1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From the 'what the hell were your parents thinking?' category

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Why do you not go with Richard or Rick? It's like ok, your parents fucked up when they named you, why do you have to continue being a part of the problem?

And for any parents with the surname of Head who name their son, Richard, DCFS should say 'Look, if you're that stupid and going to subject this kid to unnecessary mental pain and anguish growing up, then you really don't deserve to have children anyway" and immediately take the baby away.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I used to work with an inner-city sports program. I don't say this to be racist, but to prove a point: Holy fuck, those names were insane.

I couldn't spell them. Hell, I doubt the kids could spell them. I couldn't pronounce them. I couldn't tell male from female. AT ALL. It made my job more difficult than it should have been. All so parents can be "creative." Fuck that.

Draft saved Draft deleted