1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From the spank-bank time machine: Weird Science getting a reboot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I can think of one. Home Alone 2.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I never heard of Home Alone 3, let alone Home Alone 4.

You would think that little bastard would have learned by now.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Not enough Gilbert Gottfried for you?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

OK, I've seen Sixteen Candles. I really enjoyed it. Michael Baker, Sam's brother, is fantastic. And that has to be Anthony Michael Hall's best performance. But I think what really sealed it for me was how fucking ridiculous that wedding ceremony was. It was downplayed a bit, almost subtle in its absurdity because by that point we were thinking more about Sam and Jake than anything else. Like in Pretty In Pink, Molly Ringwald's acting came out best when she was on screen with her character's father.

I've updated my list:

I rewatched The Breakfast Club and immediately bought it. It's been a few years since I watched it last, and I'm not sure I was paying attention fully because I watched it with my then-girlfriend. Previously, I think I saw it once or twice in high school but that was it. The Breakfast Club is remarkable, not as fun or funny as Ferris Bueller or Vacation but more important and more definitive of John Hughes. I would say it tops Sixteen Candles in that distinction as well.

Going back to a previous argument on this thread, I'm not really sure I agree with dooley_womack1 that the racism in the scenes with Long Duk Dong were any worse than with Mr. Chow in The Hangover. The gong was over the top, sure, but his character really reminded me of Fez from That 70s Show, all the way down to his Big Rhonda girlfriend.

Draft saved Draft deleted