1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From the "It could only happen to the Royals" category...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doubledown68, Feb 23, 2010.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

As someone who attends minor league games up here in Des Moines, anyone who doesn't notice the airgun on the back of a moto-cart driving around the backstop, shooting hot dogs, is an idiot.

You always prepare for a hot dog coming your way.

3. "wayward wiener". Yes, I am childlike sometimes, and yes I laughed.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Prince Charles

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Maybe he's taken a wayward wiener to the smush as well

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I once considered filing suit against the leeeemonade-leeeemonade-leeeemonade-WHOOOO guy at the K just for annoying the piss out of me.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They did this hot dog thing at a blue jays game a number of years ago and they set the gun (or whatever they use to shoot the hot dogs) a little too high.

They ended up shooting exploding hot dogs all over the crowd. Little bits and pieces of hot dogs were flying everywhere.

Classic.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He should be lucky it was just a hot dog. A few years ago, some poor schmoe sitting in the upper deck at Kaufman was hit by a stray bullet.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I once saw a play-by-play man hit with a flying t-shirt during a broadcast but not during a commercial.

The team had just purchased a t-shirt gun. The promo folks had it cranked. The first shot went rising above the crowd, through the open window of the booth and hit the play-by-play man's headset in the right ear, knocking it clear off his head while he spoke.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Is it just an urban legend that pieces of hot dog fell on a vegetarian woman, who was so traumatized that she sued the team?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember when I was in college they did it at a basketball game. They sent one hot dog into the upper reaches of the arena, sans wrapper. The hot dog kept going, but the foil wrapper just slowly fluttered to the ground.

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Surprisingly Joe Posnanski had a completely awesome take on this in his blog:

http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2010/02/23/funny-losing-serious-losing/

Draft saved Draft deleted