1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From one diva to another: Move over A-Rod, here comes Favre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I would, but all I've got is a Jerry Rice Seahawks jersey.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

How about a Franco Harris Seahawks jersey?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The NFL Network has been ringing the bell since 11 a.m. Have mercy.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mangini to Favre: "Hope you had a hell of a piss Arnold." (Fast Times reference)

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's seven straight. Mort incorrectly reported that he was retiring after the Packers lost to the Falcons in the playoffs after the 2002 season. It was in 2001 when he told King that "retirement was beginning to look like a pretty good option"

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is just fucking outstanding.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Favre with teammates from Wrangler Jeans shoot: Thomas Jones' gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

First of all Brett, you never let on how much you like football. "Oh, Eric." Two, you always call the shots. "Hire me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't New York great?" Four, when contemplating retirement, you find out what the team wants, then just do what you want to do. It's a classy move. "Now, the Jets will have the Favre and a late-season flameout." And five, now this is the most important, Brett. When it comes down to getting out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd go straight up on that for an O.J. Simpson 49ers jersey. Or maybe a Randall Cunningham Ravens jersey.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed at that

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm just glad Favre is sparing us another press conference. Don Banks had a good column wondering if Favre thought the extra year "was worth it." Really the only question to be asked.
    He'd probably say it was worth it not to spend the rest of his life wondering if he had another year in him.

Draft saved Draft deleted