1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Brooklyn, the $5.00 pizza slice......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 31, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ricatoni's is only a couple hours away. I miss that place terribly.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Their pies are good, though I usually avail myself of their smoked duck and sausage pasta. Sigh.

RB

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And I am farther from the sun than either of them, so I am not too BRIGHT.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I ate here for lunch today. Great pizza. Fresh mozzarella was quite good. Not the best Pizza I have ever had, but really close. Also, it was right by China Town where I bought a bootleg copy of the Hangover for $3.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Buy one get one on Tuesdays in East Lansing. So you get 2-24 inch bread stick pizzas with marinara for $12. It could feed a family of four.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

There's an urban legend that if you buy a pizza from there with extra oregano with a $100 bill, you don't get change, but what you get isn't oregano.

7. It may not be the best pie I've ever had, but nothing compares to Shakespeare's Pizza in Columbia.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

WFW. I'll be getting one of those in about six weeks.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

my dad's taking me to brooklyn for an mri on tuesday, then back to brooklyn the following tuesday to see my neurologist. i'm hoping that on one of those two days i can comvince him to stop at difara's on the trip home to pick up a sicilan pie. :D

oh, eff me! difara's is closed on mondays/tuesdays now! rats! :'( :'( :'(

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Most of the better pizza places in and around NYC won't sell by the slice -- you have to buy a whole pie. They have a certain snobbishness about it. I used to refer to John's in the Village as "No fuckin' slices!" because of the attitude they had about it. I think they're coming from a point of pride -- they want you to have a fresh pie made just for you, tasting the way it's supposed to taste instead of warmed-over after festering on the counter for a while. But they can be strident about it.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

two of the beauties of difara's is dominick serves by the slice and those slices rarely spend much time on a tray. they go that fast. ;)

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

We called that the $50 burrito at Pancheros Mexican Grill in East Lansing.

Draft saved Draft deleted