1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Brooklyn, the $5.00 pizza slice......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 31, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now I'm craving Grimaldi's. Damn you all!

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Crave some for me while you're at it. The alternatives in my corner of the world fall woefully short.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Since you are all getting cravings. Getting lost in this discussion is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same deal as Grimaldi's. ... it's in those brick, coal ovens that burn like the fires of hell and do something amazing to a pizza. They outlawed them unless you already had one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Sam Mills 51

Thanks a bunch, Ragu. If IJAG needs a hand dealing out some punishment for those trying to torture, she just gained a willing volunteer. :D

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What is that place?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Lombardi's. Spring Street. I actually give it the nod over Grimaldi's, for that kind of pizza, but it's close.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

I concur with Ryan.......me love the sbarro.

Tried to eat 3 pieces once.

Fail.

Miserable.

Miserably failed.

8. Sam Mills 51

Never had it. If what I've seen is any indication, three slices of that stuff would build up enough pressure inside anyone to blow off a toe or so.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Well played, Sam.

Best pizza I've ever had was Nona Mia's from Asheville, N.C. Yet, I've never been to Asheville.

How, you ask? The Dads have been there many times. Last time they were there, they brought back a pizza from Nona Mia's they'd bought the previous night and reheated it in the oven.

Out of this world. Then, they said it didn't lose any taste from having sat in the hotel refrigerator or in the cooler on a long ride back. It was make-it-a-point-to-go-there good.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Even more than a Bacon Explosion?

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

My pizza options here, too, are full of fail. Damn you all and your easy availability to the best pies in the world!

RB

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course, Ragu, Mars is further from the sun than Earth, and so quite considerably cooler. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted