1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

from an iphone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Highway 101, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Apple store here is packed

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

thought i heard a coworker who bought one say the internet was slow as balls?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly how slow is "balls"?

4. Highway 101

The iPhone is quite possibly the best toy on the market these days. Unfortunately it's out of my price range.

I needed a little instruction on on how to "zoom" in on a website. (I kept clicking on the profile of Markvid while trying to get to the Anything Goes Page). Make a pinching or reverse-pinching motion. The screen is super-sensitive and has better resolution than the laptop I'm on now.

I'm almost wondering why I bought a laptop when I could have surfed SportsJournalists.com from my phone!

Anybody else played with one or even purchased one?

5. Highway 101

It loaded SportsJournalists.com just fine in the store!

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

saw one in person Friday. It was cool. Not worth $600. Sorry.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Just a little faster than "big foot's dick"

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Pretty slow. They don't move on their own, ya know. haha

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the rumors are already floating about the next iPhone aka the iPhone Nano...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19682602/

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They don't so much move as shift, really.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I went to the Apple store to check out the iphone after the hoopla died down. It's very cool looking and all, but I wasn't impressed with it (to my surprise). I am a blackberry fanatic and type pretty fast on it. I couldn't even type my own name on the iphone "keyboard" and I have pretty thin and small hands. I'd love to hear from someone who actually uses their iphone to email a lot. I can't imagine this would get any better on a Nano-sized iphone, assuming it has email capability.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I got to play with an iPhone at the AT&T store yesterday when my wife was shopping for a new phone. The small keyboard was a problem, but when I turned it to landscape view it wasn't too bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted