1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friggin' Geico commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nothing's on TV right now because of the writer's strike. But as far as I know, it hasn't been cancelled.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

[​IMG]

Take the train to Happytown. Woo woo!

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm becoming increasingly irritated by the damn English or Australian accent of the little lizard. Not only does he speak, but it's in a cute little accent.

It's to the point, where if I ever run across that gekko, I'm gonna step on his neck and we won't hear that little cockney or down under intonation ever again.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

We now have automatically generated Geico ads at the top and bottom of the page ... but I guess I deserved that ...

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Cavemen = Not funny.
    Gecko = Annoying, but easy to ignore.
    Wallace boy = obnoxious.
    Spots with Joan Rivers and James Lipton = Very smart and funny. I laugh at those two every time. All others, I try to forget.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Now those two I simply cannot stand.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The one with Lipton is the only one I can stand.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now it can be said: I fuckin want Tara Guesig, or whatever her name is. She is quite fetching. I want her far more than I ever wanted McGriddles girl. I would drive McGriddles girl to Burger King and dump her off there, in my Geico-insured car, in order to make nice with Tara. If I had a list of top five commercial women whom my wife allowed me to spend spend eight seconds with, she'd be no. 1 thru 10.

Every time I see that commercial, I think I should post about it. Then I realize, nah, that would be lame, even by my standards.

So thank you Walter. Thank you for lifting this burden off my shoulders. I am free.

Tara, if you're out there, PM me.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Don't worry -- your insurance remains cheap because they don't spend a lot on paying claims.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

"Caveman" is history.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always liked the fake reality show commercial with the newlywed couple in the house that was too small.

The problem with all the Geico commercials is, they are on too much and I get sick of them.

12. I think the "putting him into the wall" ad is quite funny. When they're at the grocery story and he slams the cart? Classic.
    Also, the "celebrity" ads are hit and miss. The one with the announcer is great. "In a world where both of our cars are under water..."

Draft saved Draft deleted