1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday the 13th, the remake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 14, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I'm going to see it, but my expectations, as they always are for horror movies, are pretty low. The same people behind this did the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake a few years ago. While that movie is definitely one that didn't need to be remade, I wasn't too disappointed with the "TCM" remake. Even though the "Friday the 13th" movies didn't exactly set the bar very high, maybe this one will surprise.

2. I hope Bill Paxton is in the movie.
    He's the only man in Hollywood to be done in by the Terminator, Predator and an Alien.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

But not a tornado

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lance Henriksen, second in line for the throne of King of the Sci-Fi Geeks (behind Bruce Campbell), has also accomplished that rare trifecta.

5. If a tornado can't tackle Helen Hunt's sports bra, there is NO it will kill Bill Paxton.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Are they remaking "Saturday the 14th," too?

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

He was also killed by Van Dam

8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Expectations low, I checked this out Saturday. It was pretty much what the series always has been: Jason killing people. Lots of nudity this time around, though.

Maybe I've seen too many of these movies because I wasn't scared or surprised by anything. It failed to hold my attention to the point that I began questioning its logic, a bad sign for any movie, especially a horror flick that supposed to be a mindless exercise in excessive blood and boobies.

"Why is there still electrical power at Crystal Lake? And does Jason do his own electrical work for on-site modifications or does he put aside his murderous tendencies and contract out?" ... "Why is it that Jason has allowed people to live, work and even build houses near the lake for 30 years, and only now decides to start killing people at those locations? ... When are they going to show boobs again?

I guess the biggest surprise was the New York Times somewhat positive review.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And after, what, 150 or so people have died over the years around Crystal Lake, wouldn't it become a ghost town? Who the hell would live there knowing there's a maniac on the loose? Doesn't exactly seem like a nice place to raise a family.
    Wouldn't some local, or a local cop or politician, call the FBI or governor and say, "Umm, we've got a problem here. Can you help us out?"

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe it's where Jessica Fletcher lives, or Archie Bunker when he was a southern sheriff. These were supposed to be idyllic little towns, yet somebody was getting offed every week. As Ted Striker said, it was worse than Detroit.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

I always thought it would've been great if as a twist ending to the series Murder She Wrote revealed that she had committed about half of the murders and framed everyone else.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Clearly, you never think of the children.

Draft saved Draft deleted